Sensory and Physical Needs
Hearing/Visual Impairment, Physical Disabilities, Multi- Sensory Impairment & Medical Needs
- We provide support and practical aids where appropriate to ensure pupils can access the curriculum.
- We seek advice and guidance from school health for pupils with significant medical needs
- We run intervention sessions to improve pupil skills, e.g. gross and fine motor skills
- We request and act upon advice and guidance from the Newcastle Children’s Vision Team and Hearing Impairment Team.
- When it is appropriate we use ICT to enhance pupil’s access to the curriculum.
- When required staff receive training in understanding the impact of a physical or sensory need on the teaching of learning of the child.
- There is wheelchair access throughout school and in nursery.
- Our staff understand and apply the Medicine Policy