Cognition and Learning Needs
Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Specific Learning Difficulties ( SpLD)
- We access the expertise and advice of the Special Educational Needs Teaching and Support Service (SENTASS) to ensure the needs of children are clearly identified.
- We provide small group support with a focus on literacy or numeracy skills, depending on need.
- We use intervention programmes to improve literacy or numeracy skills- e.g Read Write Inc, Word Wasp, Toe by Toe, Nessie, Barrington-Stokes Books, Power of 2 and Numicon.
- We provide resources to support children with specific needs- e.g. coloured overlays and reading rulers to help with reading for our dyslexic children.
- We are also currently employing a specialised Dyslexia teacher, who works with children on a weekly basis.